Federal Hotels International Group of Hotels’ Anniversary Celebrations & Appreciation Night
Federal Hotels International Group of Hotels’ Anniversary Celebrations & Appreciation Night
For Immediate release
Friday, 8 December 2017
Federal Hotels International Group of Hotels’ Anniversary Celebrations & Appreciation Night on 8 December 2017 – The Federal Kuala Lumpur ‘s Sixty & Fabulous, Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur’s Twenty & Awesome and The Grace Hotel Sydney’s Twenty & Amazing
Federal Hotels International (FHI) Group of Hotels namely The Federal Kuala Lumpur, Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur and The Grace Hotel Sydney jointly organized the Federal Hotels International Group of Hotels’ Anniversary Celebrations & Appreciation Night on 8 December 2017 at Ballroom 1, The Federal Kuala Lumpur.
Ms Ooi Lee Ping, Director, Group Marketing, Sales & Business Development and Operations of Federal Hotels International said “Today marks a key milestone for our FHI Group of Hotels’ Anniversary Celebrations this year as The Federal Kuala Lumpur celebrates its diamond jubilee of 60 years in the Malaysian Hospitality Industry; Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur celebrates its awesome twenty years in the Malaysian Hospitality Industry; and The Grace Hotel Sydney celebrates its 20th year of exemplary service and amazing journey in the Australian hospitality Industry. For the past 60 years, millions of guests at home and abroad have trusted FHI Group of Hotels’ hospitality. In honour of our FHI Group of Hotels’ Anniversary Celebrations, we are delighted to share this very special, festive night with our valued friends, guests, hotel and industry partners, as well as our media friends for their tremendous continuous support over the years and we look forward to our continued growth with them in coming years. This is an exciting year and momentous occasion for all our three FHI Hotels in Kuala Lumpur and Sydney as we celebrate our historic past and looks forward to the future.”
Inspired by the individual design themes of the MRT Stations, reflective of each station’s unique locale, environment in the echo of the spirit of Malaysia – a multi-racial and multi-cultural society, our team of Chefs from The Federal Kuala Lumpur has taken the helm by bringing a new level of simplicity and lightness of the menu for our guests to savour. The menu starts off with cocktail & canape comprising cheese bread stick & vegetables stick with assorted olive; smoked salmon on toast with dill cream cheese; mini tahu sumbat with rojak sauce in spoon; kerabu mussel in spoon; ½ shell scallop with butter cream; kacang Putih stall; the cream of mushroom soup from the Favourite Dishes from Tunku’s Kitchen and chick kut the soup. Each live station stall is designed and named after the MRT Station to match with the famous local dish served at the different stations, i.e. Pasar Seni serving Trandoori Chicken with condiments; and Rojah buah with comdiments; Tun Razak Exchange (TRX) – Roast Lamb Leg with pepper mint sauce or rosemary sauce; traditional Christmas Turkey with stuffing; mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and vegetables such as carrots, turnip, parsnip and butter corn on the cob; over at the Stadium Merdeka stall – Anchovies with Petai Ikan Bilis and Petai and Beef Rendang which are selected from the Favourite Dishes from Tunku’s Kitchen; Curry Fish Head to go with white rice. What’s more? Is our favourite Bukit Bintang Station which is mere 2-3 minutes walk from both The Federal Kuala Lumpur and Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur, over this action stall, our chef will serve you the famous Hokkien mee and spaghetti Aglio Oil with Prawn; Muzium Negara station stall serves Ramli Burger with your choice of chicken, beef or smoked duck; from the Muzium Negara stall, our Chefs will bring you to the Satay Town, Kajang Station which serves the famous dish of Satay. The mouth watering sweets will include English Truffle in glasses; Christmas minced pie; Christmas Pudding; Christmas Yule logcake; Christmas fruit cake; Christmas ginger bread house with gingerbread cupcakes with cinnamon cream; and many more for the sweet tooth.
“The Federal Hotel was built specifically to serve the needs of our Nation. The Federal Hotel is more than a Hotel, it is a piece of Malaysian history & heritage, and it is the Hotel for Merdeka as the Federal Hotel is Malaysia’s first international class hotel opened just three days before the Nation’s declaration of independence on 28 August 1957 to welcome all VIPs, foreign dignitaries and diplomats who arrived in Kuala Lumpur to witness Malaya celebrates her independence on 31 August 1957 at Stadium Merdeka. The Federal Hotel was officially opened by the late Y.T.M. Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj or better known as Bapa Malaysia, just in time for the Merdeka Celebrations 60 years ago. The Federal Hotel itself was developed and built from encouragement from our Government and personal support from our Nation’s founding fathers, the late Tunku Abdul Rahman and the late Tun Razak, as well as the foresight and pioneering spirit of the late Tan Sri Dato’ Low Yat. Today, we look forward to sharing our “Federal” memories, as well as creating new ones with all of you. The Federal Hotel is linked to the past, present and future of Malaysia and the City of Kuala Lumpur. Federal Hotel is proud to share a close and inter-connected history with the birth and growth of our Nation. 60 years on, today we honour the aspirations and celebrate the sacrifices made to free our Country to gain independence. We all, as Anak Anak Malaysia, sit here today, as lucky beneficiaries of our founding elders’ hard work and sacrifices; we should therefore remember the legacy and vision they had for a harmonious Malaysia that truly reflects its rich multi-racial and multi-cultural heritage. Over the span of 60 years in the Malaysian Hospitality, Federal Hotel has played host to many local and international events, and was the home to both international as well as local artists and singers, badminton players participating in the Thomas Cup/Uber Cup as well as the Merdeka Cup. Todate, The Federal Kuala Lumpur is not just a landmark but an icon in Malaysia”.
“Since opened its doors on 10 September 1997, Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur has won the hearts of many fans with its refreshing and innovative service and product. For over two decades, Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur has been wholly committed to delivering excellent customer service in the hospitality industry. Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur has recently won the Gold Award of the Prestigious Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Award 2017 in the 3-star Hotel Category; and amongst other accolades that the Hotel has won includes the Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellent Award 2012 & 2016; Winner of the Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards 2011 for Excellent in the 3-Star Hotel Category; Recipient of the Minister of Human Resources Awards 2002 & 2007; Listed as one of the Best Hotels on the Formula 1 Circuit in Conde Nast Traveller May 2001, UK Edition; and Winner of the Malaysian Interior Design Award 1999 for Excellent in the Hotels & Hospitality category. In 2007, Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur introduced a new concept of hotel accommodation called 10Rooms. It was introduced to cater to today’s discerning travellers who desire a more unique experience during their stay. 10Rooms occupy the 19th and 20th floor of the Capitol, featuring a floor to ceiling window. Each of the 10Rooms is unique in size, layout and décor. Every feature and fittings of the room has been chosen to ensure extraordinary experience of luxury’.
“The Grace Hotel Sydney celebrates its 20th year of exemplary service and renowned reputation in the Australian hospitality Sydney. Built on the site of the original Sydney Opera house, and in the style of the US Chicago Tribune building, today The Grace Hotel is a beautifully restored art deco building. Renovated with many of the original features restored and retained. The Grace Hotel offers the best of both worlds, a contemporary hotel with unique history and character in the best location in the heart of the city’s central business district, where three of Sydney’s most prominent streets – York, King and Clarence meet. Since its opening on 28 August 1997, The Grace Hotel has been maintaining its high level of consistency in service and facilities to offer our guests and customers the unrivalled experience during their stay in the hotel. With recognization from guests and peers, The Grace Hotel has garnered 12 notable awards such as Recipient of the 2016 Award for the 4-star rating in NABERS Energy Efficiency; Recipient of the Highly Commended Awards of Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence 2015 - Sydney Superior Hotel of the Year; Winner of the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014; Winner of 10 Year Sustainability Achievement Award in Sustainability Green Globe Awards 2011; Recipient of The Highly Commended Award For The Australian Hotels Association (AHA) Awards For Excellence In The Best Superior Hotel Category for 2010, 2006, 2004 & 2001; Winner of the AHA Award for Excellence in the category of Brasserie/Café of the Year 2009; Finalist of the AHA Award for Excellence in the category of Best Superior Hotel 2009; Finalist of Hotel Club Award in the category of Best Hotel in New South Wales 2009 & 2008; Recipient of ATEC National Award for First Class Accommodation Excellence 2008; Recipient of TripAdvisor 2008 Travellers’ Choice Award for Top 10 Luxury Hotels – South Pacific; The National Winner of the 2006 Award for Excellence in providing First Class Accommodation and Services voted by the Australian Tourism Export Council; and Gold Winner of the 2001 Energy Smart Green Globe Award by the Sustainable Energy Development Authority of New South Wales. The Grace’s 382 spacious guest rooms were designed with the frequent traveller in mind. These luxuriously appointed rooms are complete with thoughtful amenities to ensure being away from home and the office is a pleasure for all the senses. The pièce de résistance in every room is the exceptionally comfortable bed with its soft feather comforters and pillows. 10Rooms occupy the 9th, 10th and 11th floors of the award winning 1930’s heritage listed Art Deco building, The Grace Hotel. . 10Rooms at The Grace Hotel Sydney offers a unique option for travellers who are tired of the same repetitive interiors and generic layouts that scream “hotel”. Located at the heart of Sydney’s Central Business District, the Hotel is a short stroll away from Martin Place, Queen Victoria Building, Darling Harbour’s Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cockle Bay and King Street Wharf, Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney’s luxury shopping precincts, theatres, galleries, museums and restaurants, cinemas, Sydney Casino, Chinatown and more!”
To commemorate this Anniversary Celebrations and celebrated year in 2017, FHI Hotels have lined up their activities such as the Anniversary Indulgence package for guests to enjoy:
- The Federal Kuala Lumpur’s Happy 60th Anniversary Indulgence starts from RM260++ per Merdeka Wing Room per night inclusive RM60 Food & Beverage cash voucher; Anniversary Drink Special “The BB” at The Verandah and complimentary WiFi in room.
- Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur’s Happy 20th Anniversary Indulgence starts from RM220+ per Deluxe per night inclusive RM20 Food & Beverage cash voucher; Anniversary Drink Special “The BB” at Café Rasa and complimentary WiFi in room.
- The Grace Sydney’s Happy 20th Anniversary Indulgence starts from AUD220 per Superior inclusive AUD20 Food & Beverage cash voucher; Anniversary Drink Special “The Grace Sling” at Piano Lounge and complimentary WiFi in room.
- The Social Media Contests – The Federal Kuala Lumpur kicked off The Federal’s Fun with 60 creative photos social media contest on 20 November 2017; whilst the social media contest of both Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur and The Grace Hotel Sydney will be launched in the next quarter of 2018. The Federal Fun with 60 Contest’s Grand prize is a 4D3N stay in a 10rooms at The Grace Hotel Sydney + breakfast for 2 persons + wifi supported by The Grace Hotel Sydney + Lenovo Ideapad 510S Laptop supported by Plaza Low Yat. Participants also get to win other prizes such as the 3D2N stay in a Merdeka Wing Room at The Federal Kuala Lumpur inclusive breakfast for 2 persons, a set dinner for 2 persons in Bintang Revolving Restaurant + wifi + Samsung J7 Pro. There will be a total of Top 6 fabulous room stay vouchers to be given away plus a weekly prizes to be won for 6 weeks.
- The Federal Kuala Lumpur celebrated its momentous year of 60th in the hospitality industry had subsequently launched a meaningful story telling musical titled Modern Grand Hotel in September 2017; Participated as the Official Hotel of the Hands Percussions 20th Anniversary concerts namely Percussion Paradise and Inner Voices in the spirit of promoting arts & culture as arts & culture plays a source of national pride for Malaysians and is also part of our Nation’s continuous transformation journey; In the spirit of Sport Tourism, The Federal Kuala Lumpur hosted the dinner of the Lawn Tennis Association of Malaysia’s LTAM Ace Awards on 24 November 2017 – a project to recognise the young tennis talents; As a proud host for one of the current SEA Games Team Contingents, the Myanmar Team.
- Federal Hotels International and The Federal Kuala Lumpur have always been on the forefront for their commitment to preserve our culinary dishes which is an important part of our rich culture and heritage for the enjoyment of our future generations. The popular Favourite Dishes from the Tunku’s Kitchen Cookbook is a great collector’s gift! To celebrate this double joyous occasions in paying tribute to our Bapa Malaysia, the late Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al Haj, our first Prime Minister of Malaysia, the team of Chefs from The Federal Hotel Kuala Lumpur has specially selected recipes of Tunku’s favourite dishes from Favourite Dishes from the Tunku’s Kitchen cookbook. Tunku’s favourite dishes are a combination of many of the well beloved treats from traditional Local as well as Western recipes, it is a sumptuous feast for the senses and a tantalizing insight into the unique rich cultural culinary diversity & heritage of Malaysia, Truly Asia”
- Throughout the year, FHI Hotels will continue to celebrate their Anniversary, with a series of other events, f&b promotions, CSR community activities.
As The Federal Hotel celebrates 60 years of Malaysian Hospitality, Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur celebrates its 20th Anniversary and The Grace Hotel Sydney celebrates its 20th Anniversary; it is a tribute to all our Management Team & Staff at Federal Hotels International (FHI) and the respective FHI Hotels, the people behind our success, a salute to everyone, our valued supporters and customers for their tremendous continuous support and worked with us to put our FHI Hotels where we are today as well as our heartfelt thanks to our thousands of guests. While we improve with the times, we are always mindful in keeping the ‘character and soul’ of our FHI Hotels. This will solidify our Brand’s positioning in not only providing an impeccable modern-styled living in unparalleled comfort, but also in offering a premier hospitality experience for all. We believe that our tradition of warm friendly Malaysian Hospitality and care delivered by our dedicated Team will be well received by our Hotel’s guests and community as every little thing we do at our FHI Group of Hotels inspires us to create a rewarding experience for our Hotel guests, our Team members and our Communities.”
Meetings, Incentives, conventions and exhibitions represent a sector of tourism for meeting planners. In keeping trend and offering a one-stop solutions for event or meeting planners, Federal Hotels International has further expanded its flagship by managing the Bukit Bintang Event Space (BBES). BBES is a one-stop event management solution for conferences, meetings & seminars, weddings, or anniversary parties offering an edge above the rest. The event spaces are located in the heart of city, Bukit Bintang comprising The Federal Kuala Lumpur, Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur, bbpark and Plaza Low Yat boulevard streets. BBES is located at ground floor of The Federal Kuala Lumpur.
Feroza Saleem-Martin | Director of Sales & Marketing | The Grace Hotel | 77 York Street | Sydney 2000 | Australia | Tel: +61 2 9272 6650 | Fax: +61 2 9272 6651 | Email: Feroza.Martin@gracehotel.com.au
Isabel Baran | Digital Marketing Communications Executive | The Grace Hotel | 77 York Street | Sydney 2000 | Australia | Tel: +61 2 9272 6601 | Fax: +61 2 9272 6651 | Email: Isabel.Baran@gracehotel.com.au
Ooi Lee Ping | Director, Group Marketing, Sales & Business Development and Operations | Federal Hotels International | c/o The Federal Kuala Lumpur | Jalan Bukit Bintang | 55100 Kuala Lumpur | Tel: +60-3-2148 0468 | Fax: +60-3-2148 0463 | Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org